Chaconia Candles is Certified as an Official Jersey City Green Business
The preservation of our paradise, Mother Earth, is essential to us. We are now certified as an official Jersey City Green Business! We continue to find new ways to be more sustainable. We are so excited about this! Our efforts goes beyond our business.
As a family, we have been doing our part and shifting our behaviors and actions.
- We no longer buy bottled water for our home. We use filtered water instead
- We are very mindful about water usage when showering, washing dishes, brushing our teeth, etc
- We recycle bottles, cans, and boxes
- We unplug appliances when not in use
- We minimize the use of lights throughout the house during the day
- We take off the lights when leaving the room
- We removed small trash bins throughout the house, and now use one garbage bag for one large trash bin (we are looking to improve this process too), this way we reduce the use of plastic bags
- We do our best not to use store bags when purchasing food or items
- We have been working on minimizing A/C and heat usage in our home
There's so many other sustainability efforts we are looking into as a family.
- We use coconut wax, the most sustainable wax to use when making candles.
- We have sourced distributors close to us for most of our materials. One distributor offers carbon-neutral shipping, which we use. This will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- For our year-round candle jars, we pick them up from our distributor nearby.
- We use a naturally biodegradable, compostable, SFI-certified, and fully recyclable wrap called GreenWrap when packaging our candles.
- Our gusset bags used for our sample wax melts are certified compostable.
- Our packaging peanuts are biodegradable and decompose in water, leaving no toxic waste.
- Our candle boxes are sustainably sourced and recyclable.
- Our candles jars and lids can be reused, repurposed, or recycled.
- Our labels are made from Kraft Brown paper, which is 100% recycled.
- We do our best to make most of our candles during the day, to utilize the sunlight beaming through our windows, to minimize electricity usage.
- We recycle and upcycle our boxes that arrive from our orders.
- We upcycle biodegradable peanuts used to ship our fragrance oils.
We encourage you to join us in our sustainable journey. Any ideas? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.