The preservation of our paradise, Mother Earth, is essential to us. We are certified as an official Jersey City Green Business!
- We continue to find new ways to be more sustainable. Here are a few:
- We use coconut wax, the most sustainable wax to use when making candles.
- A lot of research goes into our vendor selection process. Outside of having a fantastic product or ingredients aligned with us, we look into their sustainability products and efforts.
- Even though it will be cheaper to purchase wholesale items overseas at times, we want to help fuel the American and local economy and reduce overseas shipping.
- We have sourced distributors close to us for most of our materials. One distributor offers carbon-neutral shipping, which we use, to help support projects that offset greenhouse gas emissions.
- Instead of having our year-round candle jars mailed, we pick them up from a distributor nearby.
- We are strategic about our purchases and buying in bulk, so there are fewer multiple shipping. This is not always possible, but we try to look about three months out and plan ahead.
- We use a naturally biodegradable, compostable, SFI-certified, and fully recyclable wrap called GreenWrap when packaging our candles.
- Our gusset bags used for our sample wax melts are certified compostable.
- Our packaging peanuts are biodegradable and decompose in water, leaving no toxic waste.
- Our candle boxes are sustainably sourced and recyclable.
- Our candles jars and lids can be reused, repurposed, or recycled.
- Our labels are made from Kraft Brown paper, which is 100% recycled.
- We do our best to make most of our candles during the day, to utilize the sunlight beaming through our windows, to minimize electricity usage.
- We recycle and upcycle our boxes that arrive from our orders.
- We upcycle biodegradable peanuts used to ship our fragrance oils.
We encourage you to join us in our sustainable journey. Any ideas? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to also check out our blog for more.